Two Crazy Girls In Africa

This is the blog of Lauren & Kelly, as we head out on Saturday to the country of Uganda!!! Please pray for us that we will most importantly, honor God in ALL that we do (prepare to go, travel, and during our stay) & that we are a blessing to everyone we meet!!! We are excited to see what God will teach us through this incredible opportunity He has provided! We are both still floored as we look back to see how God opened EACH and EVERY door in HIS perfect timing!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I think we have survived the jetlag....

It is around 10:45 on Tuesday morning, and both of us are up, showered and at the office waiting for Karen to take us into town! We had an unusual Uganda morning, as we had both water and electricity. Gregg tells us that is abnormal :)...we appreciate abnormal!! It makes showering much easier!!

We got home yesterday afternoon and took a quick 3 hour nap, and then started on the painting in the living room. It was a "beautiful" Pepto-Bismo pink that Karen just hated...it is now a bright yellow, which she likes better...we'll have to see what happens when we get the second coat of paint on. Lauren and I are both hoping that we can get all of Karen's planned painting done (just the living room, kitchen and hallway) b/c she has a color picked out for her bedroom as well, but wasn't sure if we would get to it...we'd love to be able to get that done as well.

Our schedules are already filling up. Karen has lots of plans for us....for 2 days this week I will be moving to the guest house and working here in the office organizing files for the short-term missions program and Lauren and Karen will be heading off to an orphanage. So, you have that future posting to look forward to....Lauren is VERY excited as I'm sure you can imagine :)

We have only been here for 1 day now, and it already feels like we have seen so much..and we haven't really been much farther than 1 mile from the house...it is amazing...and a little intimidating to say the least. I am sitting here looking out the window in the office and can see the hills far away...everything is so beautiful, so different and so unknown. But we are definitely with the right people....Karen and Gregg are absolutely at home here and are wonderful hosts!!!

I can't tell you how thankful I am to have Lauren here....first...the ceilings are HIGH..I'm not sure I would have been able to reach them without her. She is invaluable to me in painting!! But seriously, just even having someone else to experience this with that is a "newbie"...and she is so excited about seeing everything so it makes it fun. We hear wierd noises at night and we both can wonder together what it is :)

So far no elephants, but I'm not worried...we are planning to go the gamepark next weekend. For today, we are scheduled to go into town, exchange our money and do a little shopping. What more can a girl want? Seriously--God is awesome. I am still floored that I am here...and I am so excited to see what HE has planned. Already, with no tv, it is awesome how much time I have gotten to spend in God's word!!! I am also reading the newest John Piper book that I brought for Gregg, which is really great (and great that he is letting me read his gift!!). Anyway...we are just so thankful for this experience and to see what God has in store of us next!

Keep posting comments...we got a kick out of reading them this morning. As long as we have electricity we will hopefully be regularly posting and checking emails :)

(Lauren's artistic picture)

1 Comments:

  • At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I heard that you made it safely and are enjoying the time with Gregg and Karen. Now I can read all about it here. This is great! I'm looking forward to reading about all of your adventures in Africa!

    The whole church is praying for you guys and looking forward to hear your report at the 11/5 pm service.

    -Alex
    1Cor. 10:31

     

Post a Comment

<< Home